Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Election Day Links

. Tuesday, November 2, 2010



I'm cynical enough to kind of enjoy gridlock, so bring it on.

-- Daniel Davies makes the case for not voting, or at least not voting for the Democratic party even if you are a liberal. His argument is partisan, but applies equally to both parties and draws from basic game theory. Just replace "Democrat" with "Republican". Me? I'll be staying in today. Voting has a negative expected utility for me. I think this should be required reading.

-- William Easterly rolls out the Coffee Party manifesto. I'm more or less on board, but I'd prefer a different name.

-- Will Wilkinson wonders why the Democratic Party stopped organizing around liberty/freedom, and instead focused on soft paternalism. Good question. I don't think it really matters, but it's a good question.

-- Contra High Broderism, partisanship is nothing new and neither are negative campaigns:




(Image ht: everyone in the social science blogosphere. Video ht: Fred Ghansah.)

0 comments:

Election Day Links
 

PageRank

SiteMeter

Technorati

Add to Technorati Favorites